To be an internationally distinguished institute for education, research, and community engagement in the fields of Javanese language, literature, and culture by 2025.
Javanese Studies program aims to:
1). Educate human resources that have competences in the fields of Javanese language, literature, and culture and high competitiveness at global level.
2). Develop education and community engagement based on research of Javanese language, literature and culture.
3). Develop Indonesian-ness studies through the studies of Javanese and other regions’ language, literature, and culture.
4). Increase the quantity and quality of lecturers’ research regarding Javanese language, literature, and culture, along with publishing their results at national and international levels.
5). Develop cooperation with various internal and foreign parties to increase the quality of human resources and higher education Tridarma (education, research, and community engagement).
Graduate Profile and Competencies
Graduates of Javanese Studies program can to analyze Javanese cultural phenomena, through theoretical concepts of philology, linguistics, or literature and Javanese language skills that are beneficial to science and society in a responsible manner.
- To be able to use Javanese language in various contexts
- To be able to analyze Javanese discourses by using linguistic theories and research methods
- To be able to analyze Javanese literary texts by using literary theories and research methods
- To be able to analyze Javanese cultural issues through philological, linguistical, or literary approaches
- To be able to express scientific ideas, in both verbal and written forms using the standard Indonesian language
- To be able to apply cultural theories and research methods
- To be able to explain Indonesian cultural patterns and dynamics
- To be able to elaborate various philosophical and modern thoughts
- To be able to present contemporary Indonesian humans and society and their relations with other nations within global context
- To be able to apply working steps and working methods of philology
- To be able to elaborate Javanese culture’s characteristics
- To be able to utilize information and communication technology
- To be able to think critically, creatively, innovatively along with having intellectual curiosity to solve problems at individual and group level
- To be able to use both spoken and written Indonesian and Javanese in a correct and proper manner for academic and non-academic purposes
- To be able to behave with integrity and to respect others
- To be able to identify various entrepreneurial efforts characterized by ethical innovation and autonomy
FULL-TIME LECTURERS OF UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM
JAVANESE STUDIES PROGRAM
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES UNIVERSITY OF INDONESIA
1st Semester 2nd Semester 3rd Semester Code Subject Credit Code Subject Credit Code Subject Credit UIGE 600001 Integrated Personality Development Skills (A) 6 UIGE 600002 Integrated Personality Development Skills (B) 6 HMAS 600001 Indonesian Culture 3 UIGE 600020-30/UIGE 600040-48 Arts/Sport 1 UIGE 600010-15 Religious Instructions 2 HMPH 600001 Introduction to Philosophy and Modern Thoughts 3 HMJA 600004 Javanese Mastery I 4 UIGE 600003 English 3 HMJA 620006 Javanese Mastery III 4 HMJA 600001 General Linguistics Introduction 3 HMJA 600005 Javanese Mastery II 3 HMJA 600017 Javanese Morphology and Syntax 3 HMJA 600014 Introduction to Javanese Culture 3 HMJA 600013 Javanese Phonetics and Phonology 3 HMJA 600035 Regional Script 3 HMJA 600011 Javanese literary introduction 3 HMJA 600034 Javanese Prose and Drama 3 HMJA 600022 Old Javanese 1 3 Elective Courses 3 Total 20 Total 21 Total 22 4th Semester 5th Semester 6th Semester Code Subject Credit Code Subject Credit Code Subject Credit HMAS 600004 Basics Theory and Methods of Culture 3 UISH 600001 Man and Society in Indonesia 3 HMIN 600001 Academic Indonesian 3 HMJA 620007 Javanese Mastery IV 4 HMJA 620008 Javanese Mastery V 4 HMJA 620009 Javanese Mastery VI 4 HMJA 600021 Semantics and Pragmatics 3 HMJA 600032 Javanese Arts 3 HMJA 620006 Javanese Mastery III 4 HMJA 600016 Javanese Philology Introduction 3 HMJA 600037 Javanese Text Critique I 3 HMJA 620038 Javanese Text Critique II 3 HMJA 600036 Javanese Poetry 3 HMJA 600024 Sanskrit I 3 HMJA 600025 Sanskrit I 3 HMJA 600023 Old Javanese II 3 Elective Courses 4 Elective Courses 3 Elective Courses 3 Total 22 Total 20 Total 19 7th Semester 8th Semester Code Subject Credit Code Subject Credit HMJA 600031 Language in Javanese Culture 3 HMAS 600002 Final Assignment 5 HMJA 600029 Javanese Religion 4 HMJA 600028 Javanese Literary Critics 3 HMJA 600018 Javanese Institutions 3 HMJA 600027 Javanese Literature Dynamics 3 Elective Courses 4 Total 15 Total 5
The curriculum of The Undergraduate Javanese Studies Program is determined based on Rector’s Decree No. 1579/SK/R/UI/2018 on The Higher Education Curriculum for Dutch Studies Program, Undergraduate Program Faculty of Humanities, University of Indonesia.